Silhouettes: Chapter 26

Welcome back!

So we have today Noah POV.
Hhehehe just kidding.
It is Janu's POV. 



Chapter 26: *şeker Kup


Janu POV
I smiled at the waiter as he served me my cup of tea "*Tesekkurler".
"*Afiyet olsun" he smiled back to me.
I looked ahead at Nikola. He was leaning on his left elbow, his fingers covering his mouth and his thumb supporting his jaw. He was closely watching me, and from the right corner of his lips I could see that he was smiling.
"*Ne?!" I shook my head at him.
He nodded as he softly blinked "*Bosver".
The waiter finally placed his cup on the table, before walking away.
Nikola stretched his hand across the table, reaching for the sugar container in-between our cups of tea.He removed the lead, placing it on the table. Then he picked one cube and held it up."A *seker kup, in a coffee break." he said looking at the cube he was holding.
I wonder how one sugar cube brought me to him and he to me?!
He smirked at it, which made me take a deep breath in response.
I wonder how does that cube resist melting in his hands?! I swallowed hard.
His eyes snapped suddenly in my direction, making me choke on my breath.
I started to cough, covering my mouth with my hand. Allahim did I say that out aloud?! Did hear that?!
"*Nefes al, nefes al." Nikola said smiling.
He was smiling, not smirking. A sweet genuine smile was perfectly drawn on his face. I kept coughing for some time, trying to clear my airway.
"*Iyi misin?!" he asked.
"*Iyi." I said as I took a deep breath.
"So I at last get to put it into your cup." he announced, as he moved his hand closer to my cup.
"*Evet ya. How may years did that take you?!" I asked teasingly.
"*Bak bak Janu hanim.' he raised an eyebrow at me 'So how many cubes do you take?!" he asked as he moved cube towards my cup's direction.
"None." I declared shaking my head at him.
His gaze hastily shifted from the cup up to my face. Nikola interlocked his eyes onto mine. His intense stare sent a wave of heat from my face down to my entire body, making me let out a shaky breath. My reaction, satisfied Nikola as he smirked smugly to me. His stare shouted 'Don't try teaching me what I already know'.
I looked down, away from his face, at my cup. I watched as his long fingers slowly opened and dropped the cube into my cup, making the coffee rise beyond the cup's rim. My eyes stayed, transfixed on the cup for some time.
I swallowed hard, before I finally looked back at him. He was slightly leaning forward, against the table with his right forearm over the left. He was watching me carefully.
I licked my lips then a took a deep breath."So...........' my voice broke, I cleared my throat 'it is my turn now."
"Buyrun" he said.
He pushed his cup into my direction, before leaning back into his chair.
"In my opinion you shall drink it without seker." I declared.
I pushed his cup back towards him.
He looked at me smiling, then shrugged at me "*Neden olmus?!"
Nikola pushed his body off the chair. He kept his eyes on me, as he picked up the cup.
"I usually take my tea like yours." he announced, pointing at my cup.
A fresh breeze of air lightly blew by, blowing the little curls on the top of his head down his forehead. But he ignored that. He kept his eyes fixed on me, he smiled against the cup before taking his first sip.
The scenery ahead made me take a deep breath. The one you would take when looking at the most magnificent sunrise that ever graced earth.
The sunrays horizontally hit, turning his curls into the deep coffee we were drinking. While his wild eyes were a sunrise of their own.
His curls, his eyes staring, his smile, his dimples, his jaw, his chin.
I watched as his Adam's apple moved, as he swallowed down his coffee.
He lowered the cup and held it between his two hands.
Nikola smiled widely at me before saying "I will take anything and everything from you."
I couldn't even open my mouth, I was out of responses.
*
I sat facing at the magnificent blue in front of my eyes. I made sure I was sitting in an angle that allowed me to keep Nikola in my view field. He silently sat there watching the tide, his right arm resting on the table and he kept lightly tapping the table with his fingers. I turned my head in his direction. The wind was playing around, making Nikola's waves of hair I watched as he lifted his hand off the table and slowly reached for his hair.
*Allahim I gulped hard.
*Bu ne?! Am I watching a rom-com?!
His fingers reached for his curls. I watched as he slid his fingers through, pushing his hair off his forehead.
*Kenede gel, Janu.
"*Acim ben. Shall we order?!" he finally said.
"Ha.' I scratched the side of my chin '*tamam."
We placed our orders then sat in silence again.
"Janu." he summoned me.
"*Affendim."
"Is there something you want to tell me."
I crooked my head at him then "*Gercekten. Don't play me, Nikola Bey. I know that you have specifically asked around court about my case."
He breathed out a little laugh, then bit down on his lip "*Evet I did, but I still want to hear it from you. *Hadi *anlat please."
I let out a sigh "*Tamam."
And I started to tell him in details what happened during my trial.
"She blames me for losing." I said letting out an exhale.
I looked sideways, recalling her disappointed expression.
"Janu, she doesn't blame you. She want someone to believe her, anyone."
I looked back at Nikola at the ray of hope he is trying to shine on me.
"*Ama I let her down Nikola, and I don't know what to do."
"You didn't the law did, that judge did to be exact. *Bak criminal law is hard, the hardest part is our clients. This goes beyond a trial for them, this is getting back a part of themselves, something they lost. If you feel stuck and helpless imagine what it is like for them."
I let out another sigh.
"*Tamam I will help you out." he announced, as he banged his hand on the table.
"*Ne?! Bi dakka. Who asked you for help?! I let you help once, but I wont let you do so again." I said sitting up leaning in closer to him.
He leaned in, towards me then declared "*Evet ya, I am waiting for your permission to do so. I will be helping wether you like it or not."
"Who asked you to do so?! I can solve my own problems and win my own cases." I said in a rushed tone.
"Evet you can, but what is the problem if a friend helped you?!"
Friend?!
"Bak either way I will help you, and you know that. Let us not fight and team up for your client good." he said calmly.
"You wont take no for an answer, will you?!"
"*Hayir." he said with a plastered fake smile "So let us avoid all the drama and you storming into my office shouting and then wrecking it.
I rolled my eyes at him then looked away, which made him lightly laugh at me.
"*Ama......" he started.
"Burun." the waiter interrupted, with the our plates of food.
*
We got distracted, for some time, from the topic by the mouthwatering food placed on the table.
"So you are up to let me help you in this case?!" Nikola asked as his bit down on his dolma.
"Evet as if I have a choice." I said, acting pissed.
I knew his help was needed. It will make me stronger in court. But I will never confess that to him loudly. I wont feed his ego further.
"*Guzel, ama when we win......"
"If we win." I cut him.
"We will win, I am that sure of myself and my work.' he said with a smirk.
"Mmm. I am sure of myself." I said mockingly, lifting my glass of water to my lips.
"Ama I have a condition that you will have to fulfil."

So what is Nikola's condition?!
And will Janu agree to it?!
Turkish Words
Seker kup - Sugar cup
Tesekkurler - Thank you
Afiyet olsun - Enjoy your meal
Ne - What
Bosver - Never mind
Nefes al - Take a breath
Iyi misin? - Are you ok?
Iyi - Good
Evet - Yes
Bak bak - Look at
Hanim - Miss
Buyrun - Go ahead
Neden olmus - Why
Allahim - My Allah
Bu ne - What is this
Kende gel - Come to yourself
Acim ben - I am hungry
Tamam - Ok
Affendim - Say
Gercekten - Really
Evet - Yes
Hadi anlat - Come on tell me
Ama - But
Ne - what
Bi dakka - One minute
Hayir - No
Guzel - Beautiful
Kim - Who
Ben - Me






The end.
What is that secret condition?!

Turkish Words

Seker  kup        -    Sugar cup

Tesekkurler     -    Thank you

Afiyet olsun     -     Enjoy your meal

Ne                      -     What

Bosver              -      Never mind

Nefes al            -      Take a breath

Iyi misin?        -       Are you ok?

Iyi                     -        Good

Evet                  -        Yes

Bak bak            -       Look at

Hanim              -        Miss

Buyrun            -        Go ahead

Neden olmus  -         Why

Allahim            -        My Allah

Bu ne                -         What is this

Kende gel        -          Come to yourself

Acim ben        -           I am hungry

Tamam           -            Ok

Affendim       -             Say

Gercekten     -             Really

Evet               -              Yes

Hadi anlat    -              Come on tell me

Ama              -                But

Ne                  -               what

Bi dakka       -               One minute

Hayir             -               No

Guzel             -               Beautiful

Kim                -               Who


Ben                -                Me

Gel                 -                Come

Biliyorum     -                I know

Tamam o zaman-         Ok then

Kucuk            -                 Small

Neden            -                 why

Komic            -                 funny

Cok sukur     -                 Thanks Allah   





No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts