Silhouettes: Chapter 28


I will still go on at Janu's POV for this chapter.
Then we will switch it up.
Winky face.
Sorry for taking forever, but life have been too busy for me.


Chapter 28: Warmer





We turned around the corner.
And there were Eve standing right next to Noah on the sidewalk. He had his car parked opposite to the apartment complex.

Allahim so not in the mood for an interrogation
"That complex building, right?!" Nikola asked.
"Evet." I confirmed.
The car drove slowly up the street. 
"Bedaka. Stop right here." I demanded.
"Neyke?!" Nikola asked puzzled by my behaviour.
"I want to walk."
"Ne walking?! I will now drive you nicely to your building, then walk you up to your apartment."
"Gerek yok." I said putting my hand up.
"Yok, yok I insist my mother raised a gentleman in me." He pushed back.
"Well I don't want you too." I said as I kept my eyes on Eve and Noah.
Hayir hayir hayir
"Ama neden?! Are you trying to hide something?!"
"Yoh"
Evet sensin.

He looked over at me. I looked back at him. My head was turned in his direction, but my eyes were fixed laterally at them.


"Bedaka this person." He said as he pushed hard on the breaks, making my body propel forward in the process.
"Yavas' I said annoyed.
 "Tamam. Hadi bye, bye." I said as I unfastened my seatbelt and turned to open the door.
But he was faster than I was.

I heard the door's lock, just when my hand went to open the door. 
"Kim bu?!"
"Eve" I said with my hand still on the handle.

"Beliyorum. I am talking about the blonde next to her. Oh I get it now, you don't want him to meet me."
More like the other way around
"Hayir that's just Noah.' I turned around to him, letting go of the handle 'A friend from college."
"How many are they?!"
"Ne?!" I asked bewildered.
"Yok be se" he replied as he started to slowly drive up to them.
"Tamam here is good." I said as he was a few meters away from them.
"Yoh benge it is not." He said as he pulled over exactly behind Noah's car.
"Tamam tesskeler. I will see you tomorrow. Tamam. Hadi bye bye." I said as I threw my body into the backseat to fish for my things.
He stayed put.
Then to my utter surprise I heard the click from his unfastened seatbelt.

No please don't.
Nikola went ahead and opened his door.
I hung my head down in defeat, before snatching my bag and robes and returning into my seat.
I watched as Nikola turned around the car, approaching my friends.
"Salam." he said once he approached them. 
"Salam" Eve replied.
 I knew from her tone she was excited, shocked, and with a thousand questions. 
Nikola was standing with his back in front of my window, blocking Eve and Noah away from sight.
I let out an exhale, shaking my head, before opening my door.
It was locked!
I banged over the window, making Nikola turn back at me "Ne?!"
"Why is it locked?!" I asked.
He shrugged back at me before saying "Open it from inside."
"Buvarda I am Nikola." he introduced himself.
"I am Eve." she replied as she put her hand out for Nikola's outstretched hand, to shake it.
I finally stepped out of the car, while Noah went "Noah" and shook Nikola's hand.
My eyes landed on their hands. Nikola kept his grip tight, turning Noah already fair skin paler. He didn't seem to want to let go.
Nikola didn't even budge or move aside, making me walk behind him to stand next to him and opposite to Eve.
"Salam." I said trying to lighten up the heavy air I stepped out into.
"Alaykoom salam." Nikola said back smirking, finally breaking the handshake.
"Alaykom salam. Iyi misin?! Where have you been?! I was worried sick about you Janjan." Noah said back, as he massaged his hand. 
"Iyi misin?!" Nikola repeated.
And with his left eyebrow lifted at me he added "Jan-Jan."
"Iyi Noah merak etme." I said, deciding to ignore Nikola for the time being.
"So how did you meet?!" Nikola asked.
He was smart, too smart. 

He knew he will be bombarded with questions and doubts so he went first. 
"Well we met in college, first day. And it was love at first sight." Eve said sarcastically. 
I let out a little laugh, so did Noah. But Nikola was quick to jump to his question.
"And how did you two meet?!' Nikola asked pointing his finger at Noah then adding 'with Jan-Jan."
The way he was pronouncing it dripped with sarcasm and a hint of utter dislike. He was disgusted by it for some reason.
"It was during my first year, Jan-Jan was like a mentor of mine."
"First year. Wait I am confused." Nikola said back.
"Well Nikola bey' I started 'I meet him in my last year, while he was a freshman. He was one of the few friends that I made after Eve and my group of friends graduated. Oldu me?!"
Nikola nodded his head back at me, silently. 
A dimpled grin drew on that face on his face.
He looked down, making his curls flow over his face. With his head still down, he side-starred at me shyly smiling. 
Allahim!
It is like I knew somehow what he wanted to hear, and how to put his doubts to rest.
I smiled back at him.

I just saw it, we were weirdly matching today. He had a black suit on matching my black dress.

"Ehm" Eve fake coughed, bringing our awareness back to our surroundings.
"Affendim." I said.
Nikola and I turned our heads to her, but we were still smiling. We were smiling at one another, as we kept one another in peripherally in our view .
"So how did you two meet?!" Eve asked the question that was burning in the back of her head.

"We were the same case a year ago." I replied.
"Ah?!" Eve asked.
"Well, I saw her today and decided to take to the only opponent of mine who was able to win a case against me for a coffee." Nikola added.
"That's it?!" Eve asked looking between us.
"Evet." 
"Well I better run." Nikola announced.
Lucky him being able to escape Eve's interrogation.
"It was nice meeting you all." he declared.
He placed his left on my back as he leaned closer to me, telling me "I will see you tomorrow, tamam."
Did I mention how great he smelled?!
He smelled great, fresh with a hint of musk, and something I couldn't identify. Just like his scent to me, a part of it mysterious to me and foreign.

He walked away from us, then shouted from the other side of his car "Don't forget to prepare the document you will submit tomorrow."
"Tamam. Gule gule Nikola."
"Gule gule." He waved at us, before he got into his car and started it.
I stood there watching him disappear around the corner.

"Hadi kactim ben. I have to prepare my plead to the higher court." I told them while I turned away.
"Bedaka.' Eve said pulling me by the elbow 'is he helping you with the case?!"
"Evet."
"NEDEN?!" Noah shouted.
"NE, NEDEN?!" I shouted back 'you two seem to forget who I am going against up in court. He paid the freaking judge, and most importantly my client doesn't trust me anymore. I will use all the help I could find. And we all know that out of all people, he could help me the most."
"Ama neden?! What in it for him?!" Eve questioned.
"Why wouldn't he?! Didn't you idolize him for years?!" I was starting to lose my patience.
"Ama…." Noah started.
"Case closed. He will be helping me.' I interrupted him. 'take it or don't Noah, he is in this case as long as I am."
"What about me?!" he asked furrowing his brows.
"Your choice, but I advice you not to interfere with my decisions."
"You are aware that you are kicking me out of this case, aren't you?!"
"Why are turning this to you and me. It is not about us, it is about the poor victim who lost all of herself in the monstrous act. She is the only victim in here."
"As you like Janu." he said back.
I didn't like fighting with my own friends.
"May be we shouldn't. It will be better that we don't mix our friendship with this case Noah."
"Tamam what you want will happen." he said avoiding to look at me.
Oufff. Why shall they ruin my happier state?!
I walked off, leaving them behind as I entered the building.
I took the elevator up the room. It stopped by the 3rd floor for the old couple to get off, after which my phone vibrated.
I pulled it out.
'Good luck with that document, not that you need it. Oh and I didn't offer any help because I know you would chop my head off. I know you will kill it. - Nikola"
I smiled at the text.
How did he even get my number?!
My phone vibrated again.
'To answer your question, I took your number from your secretary.  Dress well for our journey tomorrow. Save my number. ;-)'

I let out a loud laugh at that, gaining a sour look from the businessman next to me.
"Pardon." I said halfheartedly.


I get off the elevator. 
I locked my bedroom the moment I walked in.
Then I unfolded my praying mat to pray. I asked his almighty to make this journey easier on my heart and to grace me with his blessing and peace. 
I squeezed my eyes tightly as I asked him to fix things between my mother and I.
*
After doing that I hopped into my shower.
The water was able to wash away my exhaustion, but not the part of me aching for my mother.
*
I called my father as I towel dried my hair.
"Don't push the entire world away, Kizim. Moderation and balance is your safe way out of this." his voice filled the room through the speaker.
"Tamam Baba." I said a bit annoyed.
"Buvarda, when I came back home today and saw your mother on her prayer's mat praying for you."
My heart leaped at that "What... What was she praying for me?!"
"For you to be well, safe, and content. She prayed that you will win this case."
As he said that a tear escaped my eyes.
I picked up my phone and closed the speaker.
"I miss her." I whispered, as more my eyes overflew with tears.
"I know you do. And we will fix this. Whatever you are feeling, she feels it a thousands more time. it will get better that's my promise to you."
"I wish Baba. I want that more than anything."
*
I hanged up, then I spent the next 7 hours working on the document. Not that I needed that long, but I wanted to avoid Eve interrogation for now.
*
10:00 PM

I heard Eve's bedroom door shut, announcing she was going to sleep. I waited for an hour, then I sneaked out into my rooftop.

I pushed the door open, as light drizzle welcomed me in.
I went to take my place on the hard floor. I watched the cloudy dark skies above.
The skies started to cry above, washing over me.
I let out a little sigh, my chest heaving under the light rain.
My tears started to mix with the rain as they both mingled and hit the ground under my head.
"Anne." I whispered under my breath.
*
I woke up the next morning with a severe headache and a running nose.
To be honest, I didn't sleep at all. The rain only got heavier, making me run back inside into the apartment.
I spent an hour drying myself and the trail I left behind on the flat's tiles.
I kept wiping the floor and lifting my head every now and then, terrified by any sound coming from Eve's room.
I couldn't in anyway explain myself or state to her.

I put on my grey cardigan, then tiptoed around the apartment, my plan at avoiding Eve.
I did it!
I walked out safely into the lobby.
*
Finally, my wait was over. I took a taxi to court.
I asked the taxi driver to take the longer way, to see it.
We finally drove on the street overviewing my beach.
I let out a deep sigh, fogging up the window's glass.
Oh how things have changed!
This was my place for the past ten years now. 
But now my rooftop of sadness in my place.

*
After handing in the document, I stood on the sidewalk, waiting for a taxi to pass by.
I looked up at the skies, the clouds from last night cleared up.
The sun was warm and beautiful.
But still I was cold. A shiver went down my body, making me wrap my cardigan tighter around my body.
"Beep beep." someone honked lightly, startling me.
"HOW RUDE?!" I shouted, turning around.
I bent down to have a better look at the driver. I wanted to give him a little taste of my mouth. The window was rolled down. The driver pushed his shades down to the edge of his nose, revealing his eyes to me.

I bit down on my lip, after which I apologetically smiled at him.

The driver opened the door for me, from his seat.

"Hadi gel, don't get any colder." Nikola smiled to back to me.

The end.
I hope you enjoyed it.<3 div="">

TURKISH WORDS*

Allahim                 OH GOD
Evet                        YES
Bedaka                  ONE MINUTE 
Niye ke                  WHY
Ne                           WHAT 
Gerek yok             NO NEED     
Hayir                     NO
Ama                       BUT

neden                    WHY IS THAT 
Yoh                          HOOT
Evet sensin            YES YOU ARE

Yavas                     SLOWLY 
Tamam                  OKAY
 Hadi                      COME ON 
Kim bu                   WHO ARE YOU        
Beliyorum              I KNOW
teşekkürler             THANK YOU 
Iyi Noah merek etme I AM GOOD NOAH                                               DONT WORRY
Salam                         HEY
Bu arda                    BY THE WAY
Iyi misin                  ARE U FINE
Oldu me                   IT WAS ME
EFENDİM                WHAT
Gule gule                 BYE BYE
kactim ben              I AM GOING
Kizim                       MY DAUGHTER 
Anne                        MOTHER 
 gel                           COME 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts