Silhouettes: Chapter 25

Welcome back!
It have been hectic. Life is busy.
Sit back and enjoy this one.
My cup of hot coco to you after your long day.

Niko POV this time 2 in a row just because the last was mostly in the 3rd person.
And a little plus since you all love being inside his head.

Chapter 25: Scandinavia



~BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP
A deafening honk came from behind disrupting my moment with Janu.
"TAMAM YA*. " I yelled as I rolled my window, wanting to give him a little taste of my tongue.
The driver behind me shouted back.
"Niko. Tamam yapma boyle*." her voice came through the chaos I just created.
She dug her nails into my sleeve pulling me back to her.
I turned around frustrated "Ne*?!"
"Yapma." she said firmly.
She gave me a threatening look, announcing that she will leave the car if I went on with the feud.
I let out a deep breath.
"Tamam." I said quietly.
"Good. Drive off." she ordered, letting go of my sleeve.
"Baska Janu Hnaim*?!" I exclaimed as I raised an eyebrow at her.
"Yok*." she said grinning back at me, looking up and ahead.
I licked my lip as I starred at her and her panda eyes.
Her eye makeup thing, whatever it is called, ran down her face. It left behind a trail of her tears on her face.
I hated that.
Hated that those strokes where a reminder of her tears.
Yet, somehow it looked adorable on her add to that her cute red stuffed nose.

We stopped at a red light, again.

I unfastened my seatbelt before I pushed my body off the seat and to the right.
My sudden movement in her direction made her jump off a bit.
"Sakin* I just need something from behind." I said smiling towards at her.
"Tamam ben sakin." she shrugged at me.
"Obviously." I replied, smirking.
I outstretched my right hand behind her seat.
She looked right at me, acting unfazed by my close proximity to her.
I pushed my body towards her chair, hanging my body weight on her seat.
I stared straight at her.
She looked away and down, unable to sustain her gaze onto mine.


I placed my bag exactly behind her, because earlier today I sat in the passenger seat, while Luka drove.
No I didn't ditch my friend.
He had to run out to catch a date/wedding arrangements with his fiancée.

I fixated my eyes on her as I fished for my suitcase behind her.
The color was rising into her cheeks.
I watched her throat move as she swallowed hard.
Her breath started to get shallower and her chest started to heave with each breath that she took.
Janu parted her lips, leaving her lower lip hang loose.
I bit down on my lip.
My fingers touched the surface of the bag.
"The bag is far sadly. I need something from the inside of it." 
"Mhm."
I leaned in further towards her.
My head was now inches away from hers.
I softened my gaze.
Then I crooked my head, angling my nose closer to her neck.
I closed my eyes halfway, taking in her scent.
She smelled fantastic.
She smelled of everything beautiful I knew, yet foreign and new to me.
I slowly closed my eyes taking her in.
My head drew me a picture of a huge flowers field.
The sun was rising, giving the life into a new day over the horizon.
She was there looking back at me, smiling. She was in a white summer dress, the very one from that conference.
Behind her laid a nuts mill, I knew that from the fragrance filling up the air.
It was a place I have never been to before, but I knew it somehow, Scandinavia.
I leisurely took a breath and it hit my nostrils nuts, flowers, fields, new beginnings, and home.
It smelled of Janu.
And I could swear then, that I felt a breeze of fresh air on my face.
When I reopened my eyes, it was her hair blowing, tickling my face.

"Are you done?!" she said starting to lose her patience with me.
"Evet*. I finally reached it" I replied as I grabbed the bag.
"Tell me when it turns green." I demanded as I finally took it out.
"Tamam." she said back.
I dropped the wet wipes that was in my bag into her lap "Nedemek*." 
After that, I climbed back into my seat and fastened my seatbelt.
"Bu ne*?!" she asked.
I shrugged at her, before pulling down her sun visor mirror.
"AHHHH." she gasped at her panda reflection 'Ouuufff ya. Why didn't you tell me?!"
I raised an eyebrow at her "I just did Janu Hanim."
She started wiping her face muttering "Bu ne?!" every now and then.
I stayed quite driving ahead, keeping her on my side gaze.
I smiled to myself, still her fragrance filling my nostrils.

"I have to pick up something from my office, tamam?!" I declared after some time.
"Tmam."

After I did I half lied about being hungry. I just wanted to spend more time with her and clear a few things up.
*
I sat across Janu, watching the magnificent sea ahead of us.
The waiter just took our orders.
"You didn't order Turkish Kahve this time?!" she said, smirking at me.
I let out a laugh at what she was implying and how she failed at smirking miserably, because that only made her look cuter.
"No that order is reserved for one person only." I said smirking at her.
This is how you smirk Janu Hanim.
She looked away, as her cheeks turned pink.

After a moment of silence I said "It is beautiful isn't it?!"
"It is. By the way, I came here before." she stated.
"Beliyorum*" 
She looked at me confused, then I added "with Luka." 
"He told me." I half lied.
*
(One year earlier- Day 34)
I silently stood against the glass window staring into the world.
"Nikola we are done for the day." my therapist announced.
"Tamam." I said heading to the door.
"Nikola. Your phone." she said pointing at the coffee table.
I walked back, took it before I exited the room.
I walked back to my room, flopping my body into my bed.
The two kids reminded me of Luka and me, so I decided to call him.
It was early morning in here, making it noon in there I think.
I was never good with time zones.

1st ring, 2nd, and on the 3rd he picked up.
"Salam." he said excitingly into the phone.
I smiled before replying "Salam."
After inquiring after one another. He told me he was running around my office.
He kept talking, catching me up on everything. And that's all that I really wanted him to do. I want him to divert my attention.
After some time I asked "Did she come?!"
"Yok."
"But she will. I know that she will."
"Ama* Niko stop expecting the best out of …………."
He stopped halfway as I heard a lady shout, I think it was Nur.
"Don't hang up. I need to know what is going on in my office."
"Tamam." he said, as he went in the direction of the noise.
"Nolyu burda*?!" Luka said interrupting someone, a lady I think.
"Bak*. I just want to apologize and clear things up with Nikola."
I grinned to myself, before saying "I told you. Janu will come."
No reply from his side.
"Okay I will get your message across." Luka replied to her statement.
"You just did, thank you." I said still smiling.
"What do you want now?! We are closing this office for Allah knows how long, I have no time to waste."
"NE?!" she replied shocked.
"We don't know when Niko is coming back." Luka announced
"Yeah sadly. Luka give her a chance, let her apologize, tamam. Remember the plan, the CD. Keep me updated. Bye."
"Bye." he whispered back.
And we hanged up.
I looked over at the bedside table where her picture stood. I smiled widely before letting out a deep breath.
*
(NOW)
And you bet he did.
I smiled at myself.
"Ne?!" Janu questioned.
"Yok be sey." I replied.
"Tamam' she took a deep breath 'so you know I met Luka."
I nodded back.
She opened her mouth then smacked her lips together nervously.
"I am sorry." she finally said.
"Apology accepted.' I nodded lightly, before adding 'And I am sorry too. I cannot excuse or explain my behaviour."
She looked down, ashamed of her doing.
"Janu tamam. We both wronged one another, can't we already move over this boring apologies chapter?!"
"Gladly." she said sighing in relief.
"Ama you have to explain one thing...…"
"How I knew it was you and when." I finished for her.
She nodded.
"I have seen you around court a couple of times. A lot to be honest. But I recall one incident clearly."
*
(3 Years ago)
I stood in the hall waiting my trial to be called on.
And from the next courtroom walked out a young lady, a lawyer. She was around 24 or so, and behind her walked a client.
"Well congratulations. We won this trial." she said to him smiling.
"What do you say about grabbing some coffee?! To celebrate this victory." he added the last sentence trying to conceal the fact that he was dying to date her.
"I am sorry beyaffendi* I am too busy today. And I don't take coffee around this time." she responded, shutting him down.
She walked away leaving the poor man with a sour expression.
"Who is that?!" I asked Luka, motioning towards her.
"She works with Yigit."
"Helal olsun*." I said smiling behind her.
"Evet. Working for Yigit is not easy."
"Mhm." I said, but I wasn't really talking about her working for Yigit.
*
(Now)
"So that's how you knew I don't drink coffee all the time?!" she exclaimed, surprised.
"Well yeah I am that smart."
"Evet ya." she said mockingly.
"And you once ordered a cup of tea, telling the teaboy "my usual" and he said back tea during the day and coffee only 2-3 times a day, to which you laughed back."
She smiled back "Evet too much coffee messes me up."
There was another incident but I rather kept it to myself.
She placed one hand over the other then laid her chin on them. She looked at the beach taking it beauty in, while I sat there taking hers instead.
She looked back at me "Ama wait. The day of the trial you were saying something along letting me win the trial is your form of apology."
I moved my jaw to the side "Nothing misses Janu hanim, does it?!"
She shook her head at me.
"Evet. I knew later that you were the girl from the lecture hall."
*
(One day before the divorce trial):
I stood in the hallway, waiting for Luka to finish last minute paper work.
"Eve-et and we are done." he smiled as he approached me.
But my attention was on the guy in a suit walking down the hallway. 
"What is wrong?!" Luka asked, following my gaze.
"I could swear I have seen this guy somewhere."
"Yeah he is the same guy a few years ago, coming up to you, shouting." he replied.
"Ne?!" Luka, unlike I have a sharp memory of faces.
"He came up to you "Why you are shouting at my friend?!" lecturing you." he said moving his hands around.
"Oh…"
My eyes followed him as he left the same room, Luka just did.
"Hadi* let us go. Annem wil call...….."
And I left Luka behind, entering the same room that man just left.
"Salam how have you been arkadasim*. Can I confirm where my case will be tomorrow?!" I asked the employee at the desk.
"He just did." he replied flatly, pointing at Luka.
"Biliyorum, but he forgot the room." I half smiled.
"Evet ya. I have a short memory span."
Luka was already onboard with me.
"Tamam." he said looking at the papers around.
My eyes fell on one file to my right, my guess it was the last file that lazy employee gave that man from the hallway.
But before I could look closely, pulled it.
"This one." he said giving it to me.
I looked down at the file, then back at Luka who was now standing next to me.
We looked at one another, silently having a conversion. 
It is the same case, the same man, the same girl.
*
(Now)
Janu let out a loud laugh.
"Ne?!" I said half demanding.
"I keep imagining your expression. You two were terrified from my friend." she said braggingly.
"Evet cooooooook*. We were shaking with fear." I replied flatly, before smiling at her. 
Not entirely Luka always knew I felt awful about that incident.
"I only did that, let you win, because my client did in fact cheat. But I couldn't prove that. He paid or threatened those women. But I couldn't prove it. So it was only fair for your client."
"Oh." she replied with a let down expression.
"But there was one thing I never knew." I stated.
"Ne?!" she asked, her eyes looking at me excitingly.
"The fact that you were the same girl from the coffee break, from that conference. It only knew hit me after I met you in your office."
She nodded, smiling again.
*
SYML - Where's My Love
We sat peacefully back in the car.
I was driving her off to her apartment.
She sat much calmer than she did 4 hours earlier looking at the world outside.
I watched as the sun shinned across her face and beautiful eyes.
She looked in my direction and I looked away, reaching for the radio.
I scrolled around stopping at one of my favorite songs.
"I love this song." she said, before biting down on her lips.
Judging by her expression she didn't want to say that out aloud.
"Evet so do I." I replied.
I looked to the side, hiding a smile that I wont be able to explain.
*
(One year ago The day of my Departure):

While Luka was running to grab me a trolley for my luggage.
I hastily moved, placing a CD in.
I scrolled around then stopped at "Save Yourself"
Knowingly that the next will be "Where is my love"
"For you." I said quietly, in hopes you will hear it one day.
*
(NOW)
It seems ridiculous, but when you run out of chances, words, and most importantly time. 
You don't have a choice really.
"SYML and Kaleo write the most beautiful songs.' I said looking into the distance 'They explain, express my feelings all to well."
She looked at me with a puzzled look.
I looked back into her eyes. 
Evet Janu I want you to understand, to solve it. But I never want you to at all.


THE END.
I hope you loved this one as much as I did writing it.
Especially Niko intoxicated by her perfume. 
HEHEHEHEHE.
So what do you think is next for these two?!
4 hours on together what else did they talk about?!!!!
Till next time.
Have a great night/day.
---------------------------------------------------
TURKISH WORDS*

TAMAM YA*                          okay
 yapma böyle*                     dont do that
Ne*                                         what
Baska Janu Hnaim*            other than that                                                        janu
Yok*                                       what
Sakın*                                    relax 
Evet*                                      yes
Ne demek*                           what it means 
Bu ne*                                   what's this 
Beklıyorum*                        i am waiting 
Ama*                                     but
Bolyu burda*                      here it is
Bak*                                     look
beyaffendi*                        gentlemen 
Helal olsun*                       good job
Hadi*                                   lets go
arkadaşım*                       brother

Evet cooooooook*           yes alotttttttt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts