Silhouettes: Chapter 1



Welcome! 
I hope you enjoy my first chapter and the rest of the story. 
Buckle up and let's enjoy rife together! 



Silhouettes
Chapter 1: Firsts
9:15
"BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP"
Yeah that was my honk, yes I am the annoying person that starts honking in traffic. I am fully aware that it will get me nowhere but I am late.
You might be asking why are you late?!

Well to start off, my aunt called me yesterday night around 11 PM. She asked me to come over, to comfort her son, my cousin. He is a 24 year old adult but he is a 15 year old girl fantasizing about love. I had to suffer through an entire night of a man sobbing over his girlfriend, which dumped him over text. 
Honestly who wouldn't?! If I was her I would dump him too. 
So yeah that was my night, zero sleep, I stink, as I had to shower at my aunt's house and put on the same suit from the day before. My backup suit in the car was stolen in a valet parking the day before yesterday. 
So not my morning.
Oh add to that spilling my coffee on myself, while calling my secretary to confirm my schedule.
But I will be fine, we will be fine.
I honked again, a failed attempt at easing my stress, I am running late.
I have to be there at 9:30.
And I am late. 
My eyes snapped towards my watch, I kept watching the seconds hand ticking around.
9:20
Damn it, damn it.
"DAMN IT I AM LATE" I shouted out in frustration.
I looked around taking in my surroundings and calculating. By car I am 7 minutes away from my destination.There is a bakery closed due to construction at my right. If I took that shortcut by foot I will be there in 3-4 minutes. I looked at my watch one last time, I blinked. Before I knew it I was already parking, grabbing my bag and robes. I started my sprint in my shiny brown leather shoes. 
Oh they are uncomfortable
I kept running as my robes ruffled in the wind, while the familiar nearby building came into sight and blurred out.
2 more minutes, just push Nikola, you got this.
I kept running till I sat my first foot into the court entrance.
OOOUUUUUFFFFF YAAAA, FIANLLY!
This was my current state: I am out of breath, red in the face, and my feet are aching. I am also slightly light headed due to the blood rush and the hot sun. But honestly that sprint woke me up better than that half spilled coffee.
9:24
Ok going through security will take 2-3 minutes I can make it on time. After getting through with that, I started walking as fast as I can into the court floor. I decided to avoid running and looking like an idiot plus I just regained my normal pace of breath.
I reached my floor into the court waiting area
 9:28.
My client came into sight, he was standing nervously shifting his weight from one foot into the other.
I walked over to him and I said a mute "Hello" to which he only nodded. I looked around looking for the other party, but they are not here. Well this is easier than I expected. 
You see this is a divorce case, in simple language them not showing up means I will get my client all that he wants and more. I smiled to myself turned to my client and broke to him the good news. I was already congratulating myself on winning this case.
9:30
"Ali and Meryem" they called on our case.
Seeing no one walking in with us, my smile grew wider.
I am going to walk into my court room. Yes mine, it is my stage and the time for me to shine. I opened the door and walked in.

I saw Judge Mehmet. Oh this is good he likes me a lot, more importantly he knows I fight back hard
But my entrance wasn't even acknowledged by him.  
One word, weird.
I walked over our seating area and I motioned to my client to have his seat. I took my seat straightened out my tie and made myself comfortable. I didn't see it at first, but when Judge Mehmet looked up and away to smile at me, I finally did.
A brunette with her own robes was standing with her back to me. She must be the lawyer of the opponent I though to myself. Judge Mehmet was listening to her attentively. She was moving her hands around, she seemed to be very energetic. 
I don't think I saw her before that means she is a young kid. Well this shall be easier.
Now I need my friend Luka to run into court just in time to bring in those documents, it shall go amazingly great. As usual there is always a loop hole, always.
The court was called to order, everyone took their seat.
That young lawyer sat opposite to me, she looked like she was 24 max 25. Her eyes were staring back at mine, I gave her a little smirk to which she rolled her eyes and moved her lower jaw sideways in disgust.

Oh she likes what she is seeing.
 My smile grew wider as I tilted my head to the left, teasingly at her. She took a deep breath, crossed her arms and diverted her gaze away from me. 
She is cute, I hope I don't send her home crying. It would be such a loss on her beautiful brown eyes.
I crossed my arms and took my own breath, snapping myself back into the reality. I will have to eat her, I am a bigger fish and this is my pond.
So the court went as usual reading the case, another divorce case.

9:40
Then we started. I started.
I stood up after being granted permission. I kept going on and on, on how my client was there for love and how she fooled him.
Well you see my rich idiot of a client didn't have his 20 younger year old wife sign a prenup. 
Oh claiming it was love what an idiot???!!!
10:05
Still nothing from the other side.
Oh this is way easier than I expected, I can win it without those documents.
10:15
Still silence. I am the only one talking. That cute lawyer sat there in silence, calming her client every now and then.
Oh, how I love how she knows I will win this, how cute of her!
 Hadi Luka where are my documents?! 
At 10:30 they shall be here.
10:20
I was still talking and the opponent was breaking under my pressure, I could tell the client wanted to cry. The lawyer kept smacking her lips together in stress.
10:28
I was facing the judge but in the corner of my right eyes, she caught my attention. She outstretched her hand, grabbing her glass then her water bottle. Slowly, she started pouring water into her glass and resealed her bottle. She looked up, at me before picking her glass up, she lifted her glass then made me a little cheers sign. Finally, she started drinking off of her glass in one shot kind of way.
Oh she is breaking under my pressure. I am making her anxious and parched, perfect.
10:30
She stood up and asked the judge to talk. 
FINALLY!
I slid my hands into my pockets smiled to her and went to take my seat.
"Your honour." She started, not bad for a little kid I thought, go on, shock me. I was smirking at her.
"He spoke of love, then what is love if his client degraded their relationship. If his client cheated on mine?!!!!"
The court fell into silence and gasps went around.
Wait. What?!!!!
What is this kid saying?! I changed my mind she is not cute, she is delusional.
"Yes your honour, he cheated on her, on 3 different occasions with different women. There are more but I cannot prove them. So your honour based on the file I gave you at the beginning. You can see these are the women he abandoned his wife's bed for." I snared at my client, to which he looked sideways, avoiding my gaze.
The idiot, I asked him weeks ago back and he denied it. Now I am to lose this case and my reputation for this idiot. Yeah, not going to happen.
"Objection your honour." I jumped into my feet.
"Declined" Judge Mehmet replied.

"Omer take this file to Lawyer Nikola bey, please." He knew what I wanted already, he knows too well how I think.
I was given the file and I kept looking at it, photos were taken of my client walking into buildings, signed statements saying what he did and when. I felt anger flood over me that the file between my hands started to shake.
The opponent side went on saying how my client was the one who started all of this.
I shut the file with force, threw it into the table. and took my seat. Luka, my wingman is not coming, and this is a lost case. I lost the silliest case to a young lady. I put my palms over my face massaging the area between my two eyebrows.

"Nikola Bey' Judge Mehmet voice snapped me back into reality. 'Do you have anything to add?!"
I asked to revise the file and provide us with more time and that crap.
The case was to be discussed later, in 3 weeks.
The court was finally dismissed.
I started collecting my files in silence not a word towards my client, I was beyond pissed. He asked me to leave and I responded coldly that he could.

I took off my robes, grabbed my bag and then walked towards the exit. I felt heavy hearted and disappointed with each step I took. Then I saw her, her back was to me she was all smiles and happy with her little victory. Weirdly seeing her like that made my stunned face crack a little invisible smile. 
She is cute.
I took a breath, calculated things, and then took myself to her.
"Tebrikler lawyer hanim" I said mockingly.
She turned around and her innocent smile fell a little. She gave me a small nod in response.
"Nice work, you were a strong opponent. By the way, I am Nikola" I introduced myself putting out a hand.
"I know who you are, Nikola bey." She replied. 
The truth is I only said my name so I could take hers.
"I am Janu" she said, while taking my hand to shake it. 
My bigger hand engulfing her little soft gentle hands.I starred down at her, her hand still in mine. I leaned in on her. She looked up at me, slightly taken back by me. Her brown eyes looked deeply into mine, engulfing my eyes and all of me. She was like a wild animal terrified but at the same time will attack you any second to protect itself.
I leaned closer, my face was inches away from hers I finally said "Don't be happy by this small victory.' She opened her mouth in protest but I interrupted her, I leaned even closer whispering into her ears "I will get you next time, little lady." I moved my head away from her ears and stared at her sideways. She was red in the face with embarrassment, she kept her gaze forward, avoiding my direction. I smirked while moving away from her, then pulled my hand from her slowly, letting my fingertips tickle hers. I started walking away from her. I took a right and on my last look at her, she was still standing there in shock. Her mouth slightly opened but at loss of words and her hand still stretched out, the exact way I left it.
I smiled to myself in victory, while walking out of her sight.
But with each step that I took, I felt something was pulling me back to where she stood.

To her. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Turkish words:
-Hadi* - Come on
- Bey*- Mister
-Tebrikler* - Congrats
- Hanim* - Miss
-Selam* - Hello



*
I hope you enjoyed this chapter.
Till tomorrow, take care!

2 comments:

  1. Love it !! okay I need a description of Nikola he sounds tall. Very good job:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad that you did.
      Yup Nikola is something.
      It is coming up next chapter. 😉
      Thank you very much. 😘💞

      Delete

Popular Posts