Silhouettes: Chapter 3

Welcome back! I hope your day is going well.

I am freshly back home, with a beautiful headache.

But we wont let that keep us from writing. 

This chapter will be from Nikola point of view.

I will be going back and forth between Nikola and Janu, and some chapters will be from the point of a third person. It will make more sense as we go on, I promise.

Oh by the way, I decided to change Nikola friends name into Luka. It just sounds better. ;-)

So let's get started!


Chapter 3: Ghost


I got into the car after slamming the door hard after me, Luka started driving the car away.
I didn't even greet my oldest friend.
I loosening my tie and took it off, then unbuttoned my shirt's first button and took off my jacket.
I threw both the tie and jacket clumsily into the backseat, after taking my shades off.

Then I let the heavy silence settle between Luka and I, well I did, until he started " So what exactly happened?!" 
Like a ticking bomb, I exploded "HOW DARE SHE?!!! SHE STOOD THERE AGAINST ME?!!!!!" I started moving my hands arounds.
"HE CRIED ALL NIGHT."
"MY REPUTATION...…… 13 YEARS OF WORK"
"COFFEE ON MY CROTCH AND SLEEVE."
"BROWN EYES"
"HE CHEATED ON HIS WIFE... I ASKED HIM, I DID"
I said the above in one breath, no breaks whatsoever.

Luka looked at me, not knowing how to react or what to do with me. Yes, I made zero sense, but my mind was buzzing with all of the above and more.
I avoided looking at Luka as I started smacking my right hand on the car's dashboard.
I smacked my hand once, twice, thrice. I just kept going.
My hand started to turn a darker shade of red as the pain grew, filling me up.
I kept smacking my hand continuously, until I couldn't feel it anymore. I dropped my sore hand into my lap before I let out a roaring scream "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH" 
Then I started to sway body back and forth.
Yes I am a bad loser, and I was throwing a tantrum.
Like a swaying leaf in a heavy storm, I kept swaying my body back and forth. I started to get dizzy after a while, finally, I stopped and rested my throbbing head on the headrest.
But, that's exactly when it hit me.
I stared at the dashboard and decided to go for it!
I rammed my body backwards into my seat and with all the power left in my body, I swayed my body forward, aiming for the dashboard. 
Mid-air, my head was suspending and my eyes were shut tight. But instead of hitting the hard plastic surface my head hit a softer stubborn surface.
I looked sideways, between my floppy dark hair strands, I saw it. Luka had his left hand outstretched holding my forehead. His entire body was turned towards me, to maintain my heavy head and the force I had thrown into it.
I looked straight up and my head was inches away from the dashboard.
The car was also parked on the side of the highway, on the emergency lane. 
Luckily, it hit Luka, just when it hit me. He caught me, like he always did.
At last, I gave in and granted Luka the full control over my body. He positioned my beaten up body back into my seat. And just like you would with a little child, he pushed back the hair away from my forehead.
To which, I laughed and said "Well, this 24 hours gel, resistant to everything is crap. It didn't survive a day with me."
"Oh no gel can survive a day with you." he smiled back at me.
Luka placed a hand on my left shoulder, his attempt to comfort me. "I am fine." I declared.
He didn't start driving, he was waiting for me.
So I took a deep breath, closed my eyes and I started "1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,...…"
That's when I felt the car moving again and accelerating.
"Niko' Luka voice came in when I was around number  37 'I think we have to call Ibrahim."
Luka was the only person allowed to call me Niko after my...
I only opened my left eye and raised an eyebrow at him "37, 38,39,40" I went on.
To which Luka said "Oh you asked for this" he seriously started doing the one thing I hate the most. He was tickling me! 
"Stop, stop. STOP IT." I said while trying to push his hands off.
The car stopped moving due to traffic, and my only thought was "DAMN IT!!!" 
Luka went for it, he pulling my head under his arm and began giving me a noogie!!!!!!

Oh, how I hate them!
He knew that and that's exactly why he did.
"I am going to call Ibrahim and you are going to see him." he commanded
I kept resisting and he kept going, until my phone rang making us both retreat into our separate corners.

It was Nur, my secretary. Perfect timing, she helped me break loose from Luka's grip.
Right when I placed the phone on my ears, Luka pulled it. Well there is a little something going with them, so I didn't mind it that much.
To be honest they are the people that keep me in check. So i don't mind either one of them
He started talking to her, while I kept wolf-whistling in the background like an idiot. In the end, I got smacked on my left shoulder and demanded to "Just keep counting."
He chatted with her, before slightly turning towards me and  saying "Nikola is off for the rest of the day."
I turned towards him and was about to start my protest but he managed to shut me up by saying into the phone "Nur, you and I will be working all day long together looking for a loophole, the case didn't go well today.' then he turned towards me and added 'that's the end of it" before hanging up.
"You cannot just...…."
"Niko I will get you that loophole, even if the idiot cheated' he said with a soft voice while handing me my phone 'all you have to do is rest a bit...………"
"But I...…….." I argued back.
"NIKO, that's the end of it. I will drop you off at your house or mine." He insisted back.
"Tamam, my house" I said while crossing my arms. Luka chuckled and pinched my cheek.
I pushed his hands as I said "Stop it or I wont do what you want. Oh and you better help me get my car back, it got towed."
"Leave it to me, my bro." He said with a smile.

"Let's turn on the radio." I said as I turned it on and turned the volume as loud as it would go. It was deafening, but I needed it. I needed to mute down my thoughts

Then it blasted: 
One less spark from a flame
One more heart beat away
I think I lost your scent after the rain
I'll find you when our paths cross by the gold mines

I rolled down my window then I rested my heavy head on the window's frame, I looked at blue sky as we outraced the clouds above. The wind started blowing up my hair out of it's proportions.
Luka looked over at me, I could sense his helplessness. I looked over at him and gave him a weak smile, my attempt at telling my friend that I am fine.
I am fine. I am.

Then I went back into staring at the clouds and as I closed my eyes this lyric came on:
Some day in the sky we'll see the same sun on the rise yeah
Wherever you go

I softly opened my eyes and her wild brown eyes came into sight.
Then these lyrics came on, as if speaking to me:
Far as Tokyo
I can say;
I'll see you again

I'll see you again
I'll see you again

Oh, I will definitely see you again! 

The car ride lasted a couple more songs before pulling up at my flat.

I entered my flat's password and walked in, followed up by Luka. He insisted on coming up with me and helping me with carrying my things.
He rushed to my kitchen, as soon as he sat his foot into my flat.
"Oh let me guess, getting me some ice, aren't we?!!!" I shouted while I flopped myself into my couch.
"SHUT UP." He shouted back.
Indeed, he walked out minutes later with a bag of ice and handed it to me.
"Put it on your hand, I will get your car, and I will be calling Ibrahim." He announced then turned his back on me. I raised my hand wanting to throw that bag of ice into his head.
He turned suddenly around pointing a finger at me "DON'T EVEN DARE, YOUNG BOY." to which I dropped my hand in defeat.
"Can't you just come over?!
"No thank you I will not let Hayat Teyze babysit me. Ibrahim or your mom, your pick." was my only reply.
He let out a breath, wished me a good day, and before leaving he declared that he will be checking on me later on.

Luka left, I double checked my door was locked after he left. Then I sat for some time on my couch, before I headed into the shower.
I put the password into my bathroom door, and walked in.
I started counting "1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8" as I turned the shower's water on.
I left the water running as I undressed and tossed my clothes into my laundry basket.
"9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18"
I immersed my naked body into the water. I started my shower routine while keeping my count "19,20,21,22,23,24"
I ran my hand into my hair, my effort to wet my hair at a faster rate.
"25,26,27,28" I turned the water off and I started shampooing my hair and washing my body.
I turned the water back on "29,30,31,32,33,34,35...….."

"Ok Nikola we are done." I said with a shaking voice that sounded foreign to my ears .

Finally, I grabbed the towel from the rack. I rushed out of the shower box, while wrapping the towel around my waist. The bathroom was filled with vapor and the scent of my body wash.
I walked over to the sink and leaned over it. I surrendered my body weight onto the rim of the sink.
I looked up at the mirror, it was hidden under the fog. I lifted my right hand and wiped it.
The mirror revealed a man with a messy wet hair. Water dripped from his hair down his forehead, into his glabella. Finally, that water droplet found its place right on his cheek, undistinguishable from a teardrop.
Behind the floppy dark hair laid a pair of bloodshot teary eyes.
He was miserable.
And nothing could save him, not even her brown eyes.
I stood there staring back at him.


I stared,
 as I greeted the ghost from my past.


 That's it for tonight, till tomorrow.

I don't know if I can write daily but I will do my best!

Have a great night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts