Silhouettes: Chapter 7

Welcome!

Let's get into this Chapter.

Niko POV.



Chapter 7: 60 minutes



I got into my car as I shook of his last words from my head. 
It was only 8:33.
I started my car and called Luka.
"Selam." his voice came in as he picked up.
"Selam Luka please prepare all documents and files so we can solve this case. I am on my way."
"Oh, you mean you are on your way to see Ibrahim?!" He said in a fake innocent tone.
"WHAAAT?! ARE YOU MAD?!" I replied angrily.
"HEY. NIKOLA GJOKA YOU ARE GOING INTO THAT THERAPY SESSION I BOOKED YOU. THAT'S THE END OF THAT." He announced.
I grunted back then he added "The session equals the documents, your pick Luka Bey."
"END THIS CALL, JUST END IT." was my only reply though greeted teeth.

I knew I had to give in to him and visit that smelly therapist. No jokes he is smelly. 
8:40
I took a deep breath as I started "1,2,3........"


9:17
I parked at the 4 store old beige building, which read on the sign outside "Ibrahim Murati Clinic, 2nd floor".
It wasn't really a clinic, it only contained a small front desk and another room were Ibrahim sat. He is the therapist I started seeing over a year a go, after coming back.
I walked in and took the stairs up into the 2nd floor.
I exhaled as I walked in "He is the one who needs help not me! "
Ibrahim lived in the same building, on the 3rd floor. Upon investigating him, he lived alone. He lost his wife and kid in a car accident 20 years ago. He drove the car himself. 
I coldly greeted the secretary and sat in the waiting area for my session, which started at 9:30 for the duration of one hour. The waiting area played some slow music that only made me anxious.
"Aminah turn that stupid music off." I demanded at the secretary.
She did as I asked.
9:30
"Nikola Bey." The old man popped around his office door after he already sent the patient before me home. 
"Please." he said as he opened his office door wide welcoming me in.
Ibrahim closed the door behind me as I walked in.
The office the essence of walking into your grandmas house. The office contained a sofa, two arm chairs, a few coffee tables, and some bookshelves. The room also had a huge window that overviewed the small street I parked my car in.
I walked over to the old black leather sofa. Then casually flopped my body into it, laying down flat.
My feet hanged over the armrest, the sofa was too small for my height. I could see my maroon socks with smiley faces. I let out a little laugh at that. 
Ibrahim let out a loud exhale as he followed me to his own set of armchair opposite.
I straightened my tie, brought my hands together, and closed my eyes.
I have to survive the next 60 minutes.
"So," Ibrahim started.
Not that easy old man.
"One second,' I interrupted 'not entirely comfortable." I readjusted myself on the sofa.
"Good morning, Dr. Ibrahim." I said with a smirk.
"Good morning, Nikola Bey, so how are we doing since the last...….."
"You should consider investing in a new sofa, may be then your business will improve." I interrupted him as I sat up.
I couldn't see the wall clock when laying down.
"Are things any better or are they still stagnant around here?!" I asked.
"May be you should consider renovating your entire office." I said.
I wasn't planning on stopping that's how I get through my one hour usually.
"NIKOLA' he called trying to contain himself 'I wont be changing a thing around here."
I opened my mouth to object back but he raised a hand then added 
"It is none of your business."
9:45
"Tamam." I replied half annoyed.
But don't worry I have more strategies up my sleeve. Why else will I take the longer 40 minutes drive till here?!!!
"So Luka had called me and...…….." Ibrahim pressed.
"AHHHHH' I uttered a fake exaggerated gasp 'LUKAAAA?!!!!"
He shock his head confused.
"Luka, you mean Luka, my friend?!" He nodded back at that.
"Luka and I haven't meet in a while." I lied.
"Really?!" he said in a low suspicious tone.
"Yes, I kissed the girl he liked, knowingly and then we fought over it." I said as I looked away, acting sad.
You can't beat a person who gets by in life by lying. Hell, I do that for a living!
"Really?!" He asked again.
I nodded back.
"I would have believed that, if Luka and I haven't talked long enough. He said you two are fine."
Damn you Luka was the only response in my head to that. I made a little mind note to throw a slipper at him soon when he least expect it.
"He only mentioned you have been having more anxiety attacks. Your life have been more stressful lately. The case you are working on isn't going that well." 

10:05
I looked sideways. How can I get out of this?!
I am fine. There is nothing going wrong with me.
Why can't  just get it?!!
I AM FINE!!!
I took a deep breath "You are not wrong" I said with a fake-on low voice. 
This only made Ibrahim raise his eyebrows in shock.
"But you are not right either." I finally added with a smug grin.
"NIKOLA." he shouted back.
"Mind your tone therapist.'  I responded back, he is starting to get on my nerves. 'Yes, I am stressed because I have a tough case in hand. In the process, I might also lose my 13 years of hard work and the built-up reputation I made for myself. A CASE THAT I WILL LOSE BECAUSE I AM WASTING MY TIME WITH A DAMNED BALD TWAT LIKE YOURSELF."
I reached my breaking point, I am past the point of no return.
"WHO ARE YOU?! WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE MY LIFE?! HAVE A LOOK IN THE MIRROR. HAVE A GOOD LOOK AT YOURSELF BEFORE COMING AT ME." there was no stopping me and my filter was gone.
With each word I vomited out, the old man's face fell.
"LOOK AT YOUR LIFE, EVEN THE WAY YOU DRESS UP IN HAVENT CHANGED"
He closed his eyes as he let out an audible breath. Seeing him getting weaker and weaker under my words only made me go further. 
Then I went there. I just went for it.
"HIS WIFE AND KID DIED 20 YEARS A GO, YET HE IS STILL LIVING WITH THEIR MEMORIES. BREAKING NEWS: THEY ARE DEAD."
His hands made a fist as he tried so hard to contain himself.
Breaking him down fed me up, filled me, satisfied me. :/

"THEY ARE DEAD. LONG GONE. DEAAAAAAAAAAD!!!!!"

"YETER' he shouted back as tears filled his eyes. 'YOU DONT HAVE TO BE HERE, TAMAM!!!! I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOU EVER AGAIN. GIT YURU GIT. "
I got up and walked over to the door. As I turned the doorknob his voice held me back for a second "You win Nikola Gjoka. You win." he said in barely audible shaky voice.
I opened the door, walked out, and before shutting the door I looked over at the stooping old man sitting on the armchair one last time.
I broke him.

I walked out the building with a heavy heart. I stopped at my car's handle and stared at the old man's clinic sign, and then over to his office window.
At last, I whispered to the wind "You gave up on me way too fast, old man" as I swallowed back my disappointment.

I started my car and took the oceanside road back into my office.
I turned my radio on and left the music blast as loud as possible.
In hopes it will deafen the nonstoping ache and hurt away. 

(Listen to: Old school Christina Peri: Human or LP: Suburban Sprawl) There are certain emotions I may not be able to convey fully but these songs could!

--------------------------------------------

Turkish Words

YETER*      - Enough
TAMAM*    - okay
 YURU*       - walk away
 GIT*            -go



The End for tonight.


Tomorrow is the weekend an off for all of us. ;-)


See you on Saturday if I didn't change my mind. HAHAHA







No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts