Silhouettes: Chapter 37

Hello.
Welcome back more like a welcome back to me.
Anyways SORRY for the delay.


Chapter 37: Blue Butterfly



Niko POV:
I shifted the gear into Drive mode before hitting the road.
I kept looking at rearview mirror, watching how Janu greeted her friend.
"He is just a friend Niko." I said under my breath as they grew smaller in my mirror.
*
Janu POV:
"Salam." Noah greeted me with a smile.
"Salam." I replied weakly.
I didn't want to argue with him nor did I have the energy to do so.
"May I talk to you for a bit?!" He asked.
"Tamam." I said taking the lead.
Noah gently tugged at my sleeve "Let's talk in here."
He sat on the steps that lead into my apartment building, he waited for me to join him.
I let out a deep breath before sitting down next to him.
"How have you been?!" He enquired after me.
"Iyi" I said flatly, placing the plastic bag on my lap.
"You won't ask about how I have been?!" He asked, peeking at me as I kept my gaze forward.
I turned around to face him "No need for that you seem just fine."
He smiled quietly "It seems like JanJan is pissed at me."
"Don't call me that." I snapped my head in his direction.
"Tamam tamam." He put his hands up, as if surrendering.
"Biliyor musun......"
"Bilmem." I interrupted him.
"Janu don't treat me like this. Please don't."
I looked over at him half-regretting how I was talking to him.
"Don't treat me like a stranger or worse like an enemy. You don't seem to remember how we met."
"I don't." I replied in a low voice.
"How would you?! It was another day for you. But it wasn't for me."
*
~ 3 years back (Noah POV)-

I let out a deep sigh as I took another turn and ending in the same corridor for the third time.
It was my freshman year, my first day to be exact and I was beyond lost.
Ouuufffff I wish I was in Borsa now. I wish I had you as my college guide. I wish you were still here.
I straightened my shirt before looking around trying to figure out how in the world this campus was designed.
But no matter what turn I took I was back in this very spot.
"Sen." Someone summoned from behind.
And I could swear in that moment it was her, my fallen angel, my closest friend, my cousin Miral.
"Miral?!!!" I said turning around that beyond all odds she would be there.
"How many times more are you going to take this path?! You had my head spin with the number of times you passed in here." Replied a short girl with dark brown hair.
"Gel let me help you." She demanded.
I pointed to myself uncertain if the she was talking to me or not.

"Evet sen küçük çoçuk. Gel."
küçük çoçuk?!

Then she did it!
She outstretched her hand to me, as if calling a child over.
The one thing Miral used to do especially for me.
I walked over to her speechless.
"Did you call me Miral a minute ago?!" She questioned when I finally reached her.
I blinked blankly, I was left speechless.
*
"Bedaka. You did call me Miral for a couple of times during our first interactions. Who is Miral?!"
"She is my cousin. I lost her in a car accident 2 months before I graduated high school. She was very close to me, an older sister, a friend, everything. I planed to join her college in Borsa, but she wanted her küçük çoçuk to go to Istanbul instead to become a lawyer.' Noah said lowering his head. 'But she never saw him graduate or become a lawyer." 
I swallowed hard as all of what he just said sank in.
He looked forward "Tamam" he announced getting up to his feet.
"I will leave you alone from now on." He stated as he started to walk away.
"Sen' I called from behind him, making him stop in his tracks 'küçük çoçuk stop."
He turned around to look at me with a broken look.
I ran across to him, when I finally reached him I asked "Where are you going my küçük çoçuk?!" 
I pulled him by the head and started to rub his head "You are my baby brother."
He wrapped his arms around me as I pulled him by the neck into my apartment "You must be hungry."
"Hayir am not." he replied.
"Either way you are eating with me."
*
I looked over at the rearview mirror, recalling how they looked in my mirror.
"Oouuuhhhh." I let out an audible breath, shaking their image together from my head.
I pulled aside as I stopped by the bakery for the second time today.
"Alsalam alaykoom" I greeted as I went into the little shop.
"Nikoooo abi!" my Deniz exclaimed the moment I walked in.
"Deniz." I said, bending down and opening my arms as she soared straight into my arms.
"Annem told me you passed by today." She stated after hugging me.
"Hmm" I said nodding with a smile.
"Bak ne Niko abi brought you." I pulled out the necklace I bought earlier today.
I dangled the blue butterfly in front of her.
I smiled to myself as I watched her blue eyes widening as they admired it.
"Not nearly as pretty as those' I said pointing at her eyes 'ama it is a small gift from me."
"Guzel." she said with a wide grin, stretching her hand to touch it.
After putting it on her, I said as I picked her up from the floor "I passed by to put a cake order."
"Thank you Nikola." Aiyesha said with a smile, from behind the counter.
"Don't mention it. Is it ready ablam?!" I asked.
"Evet. How could I turn you down, especially when you are our....."
I put a hand up interrupting her "I came here for the cake and this' I readjusted Deniz in my arm 'tatli be şey."
"Tamam" she smiled back.
"Sen çok tatli ha?! Sen nasil çok tatli?! Ha ha?!" I said tickling Deniz.
Deniz laughter filled the store and my ears, filling me up with joy.
"Am going to eat you." I said sticking my tongue out to lick her.
"Hayir." She shrieked, pushing herself off my chest.
"Yok yok. I have already decided."
"Hayir ya hayir." She shouted between laughs.
"Tamam o zaman tell me how are you this cute ha tatli kiz?!"
"Bilmam it is a birth secret' she looked over at her mom 'sshhhhhh don't tell him."
"Bak bak. Sen çok kotu. I will take my revenge Muahahahahha." I stated with a fake evil laugh.
"Aaaahhhh." She shrieked as I tickled her some more.
"Tamam here is the cake." called over the counter to shush the two louds kids in her store,
"Gel look at it with me."
As Ayesha opened the box, the little angel in my arms exclaimed "WOOOOWWWWHHHH"
I let out a little chuckle "I know your mother is just too talented."
The box beheld one of the prettiest cakes I had set eyes on.
Yes pretty.
The cake was a light pink heart shape, with white lilies design on one side and a golden writing on the other.
I looked over at Ayesha "worth every penny I spent. Am beyond thankful to you for not letting me down and working too hard."
She smiled back at me as her eyes teared up.
"We shall start thinking of renovating the bakery next."
She nodded "Thank you for believing in me."
"What does it say?!" Deniz asked trying to figure out the pretty golden words.
"I don't know, you read it yourself. Aren't you old enough to do that?!" I pushed my finger into her cheek.
"Evet I can.' she took a deep breath 'Teb-rik-ler ye-ni da-mat." She read it out loud.
"You are getting married?!" She asked in a high pitched voice.
"Hmmm' I bit down on my lip and looked over at her 'am I sensing a hint of jealousy in here?!"
"HAYIR. Is she beautiful?!" she asked enthusiastically.
"Cok. She was too happy when I bought you this butterfly' I stated pointing at her necklace, trying my best to keep a straight face 'she even picked it herself."
It was half true, Janu was looking at the butterfly as I looked around.
"She have good taste." Deniz said holding the necklace between her fingers.
"Evet ya' I said nodding 'she choose Niko abi. Don't worry I would never get married without your seal of approval."

After biding everyone a good evening and carefully placing the cake in the back.
I picked up my phone and made a quick call "Salam. Evet. It shall be ready in two weeks."


The end. - for this chapter.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts