Silhouettes: Chapter 30

To you who have been feeling down recently. 
It do gets better somehow. 
*
Happy 30th Chapter to us.
It have been a journey, and I cannot wait for you to witness the rest of it.
Much love and gratefulness to you all.

Chapter 30: White Fields. 



I tightened my grip around the stirring wheel, as I drove across the rocky road that divided the green landscapes that lead to the town.
The noon sun closing in on us. 
I looked over at her, worried that her sleep would get interrupted.
But I was soon distracted by something else.
I watched as the sunrays danced upon her face, illuminating her pale skin. The sunlight transforming her into the angel that she is.
Janu squirmed as the sunrays directly hit her eyes.
I hastily pulled down the sun visor, shielding some of her face away.
"BAAAAAMMMMM"
"Allah kahretsin" I said through gritted teeth.
I threw my right hand across Janu, belting her back into her seat.
I looked ahead realizing I drove the car into a small deep hole on Janu's side of car.
Like I already said I was distracted.
I kept my right hand on her shoulders, holding the farthest edge of her with my fingers, before shifting my attention back to the road.
I snatched off my headphones that I put on more than 2 hours ago.
My full attention was on the road, as I slowed down and drove carefully across the loud shaky road.
That was my situation for the next 20 minutes, one hand on the stirring wheel while the other held Janu in place.
Until it came into sight.
"Finally" I said under my breath.
I drove ahead, passing the sign welcoming into our destination.
I felt my heart squeezing behind my ribs, as I got welcomed by huge fields of green covered by white.
No it wasn't snow.
It was cotton.
Miles and miles of white surrounding us, suffocating us, beholding nothing but pain and misery.
I could hear the shrieks of a fallen angel into the night.
The world is cruel and cold, but in here it was covered with white.
I swallowed hard, but still unable to down the reality of the world we live in today.
Under my right arm I felt something moving.
Oh Janu.
I removed my hand gently, my attempt of not waking her up.
But too late.
Janu started to shift.
"Are we there yet?!" she said in a low sleepy voice.
"Why did you wake up?! We still have some time till reaching the town."
Yeah I was lying to her.
"No it is fine I am awake."
I sneaked a gaze into her direction, she slowly opened her heavy lids.
Then she started to stretch.
She purposely moved her left hand in my direction, to my face to be exact, making me smile.
"Ne?!!! Ne yapıyorsun?!" I said startled, for Janu surprised me by poking the dimple on my face.
"I made you smile. Ne güzel bi şey." She said as she dragged her finger down my cheek.
I shook my head "Apparently you are very sick. What have that pharmacist gave me?! I am doubting that it was a flu medication."
"Haha' Janu faked a laugh 'Wait! We have already reached the town."
"Evet ama we still have time to the center of it. It is good that you are up. Give me the directions to where your client is staying." I said diverting her attention away.
"Evet doğru." She said as she bent down reaching for her handbag.
She pulled out her phone and started "Whose jacket is this?!"
Ah here we go.
"From where did you get it?!" She asked holding it between her hands, examining it.
"Well you seemed cold today. So when I stopped by a dumpster on the way here and I thought it looked clean. So I...…." I replied.
"NE?!!!" she shouted throwing it at me.
I looked over at her smirking, before throwing it into the seat behind me.
She looked back at me annoyed, before lightly punching my arm.
"Ouufffff ya. Your hands are too heavy." I said rubbing my arm.
Janu turned her head to the other side, ignoring my comment.
"Did you call your client informing her we will be around?!"
"I didn't." She replied calmly.
"Wow how great is that?! We made a 2 plus hours journey for a person who doesn't know we are coming. I wonder how you will react if she wasn't home." 
"Hahahaha I got you. This is what you get for the jacket prank." she clapped back.
Tamam Janu hanim you are too happy with yourself, I will get you for this. I lightly nodded to myself.
"Ne?! What are you thinking of?!" she asked.
"Yok, nothing. Just call your client already." I responded, as I brought the car to a stop near a gas station.
She went on to pull out her phone and dialed the number.
Just when she was waiting for the other side to pick up, I said loudly "Payback time."
"Ne?!" she said looking over at me, confused.
And I went on to pinch her nose, just when she said "Salam".
So there were we, my right hand pinching her nose, while she kept slapping it trying to set her nose free.
"Evet benim. I am in your town." she said in a funny tone.
Janu couldn't take it anymore, she wrapped her little finger around my wrest.
I thought she was trying to pull my away, but to my surprise she pulled my hand closer.
And the next thing I knew, my palm was wettened by something wet, cold, and wet.
She licked me!
I pulled my hand away, as she gasped for air.
I looked down at my hand with digust. My palm was covered with covered her saliva.
She licked me!
"Don't try to outsmart me. That is a lost case." I said as I turned around facing her.
She looked back straight into my eyes, daring me.
I smirked as I grabbed her blouse, wiping my hand with it. 
Her brown eyes popped out of, while I 
wiped my hand.
Janu lowered the phone slightly, about  to start shouting at me. 
"Let me remind you that are talking to your client." I pointed at her ear.
"Can you send me your address?!" she said tryign her best to keep her calm. 

The first thing she did when she hanged up was shower me with punches and slaps.
"Abusive woman." I said as I shielded my head with my arms.
"How dare you?!" she shouted.
"You licked me!" I said peaking behind my elbow at her.
"Yah you pinched me. I am sick, I cannot properly breathe." she stated in a whining tone.
"Ama you can properly lick me." I said back raising an eyebrow at her.
"Sen………… Sen' she pointed a finger at me 'AHHHHHHH." 
She was frustrated with me.
"What is the address Jan-Jan?!" I asked pushing her index finger. 
She looked down at my finger as I pushed her finger out of my sight. 
"Stop calling me that or I will...."
"You will what?! Ne yaparsin?!" I dared her back.
"I wont do much now, but the first thing I will do when I get home is dropping your butt off this case."
"You will not."
"Evet I will." she said crossing her arms, looking away.
A grin took over my face.
"Don't laugh." she demanded.
"Tamam tamam." I said raising my hands, as if surrendering.
"You are still laughing."
And my laugh grew louder "Janu why are we fighting now?!"
"I don't know." she replied as a trace of a smile started to appear on her face.
"Bak...….."
"Hayir I do know. You are being a total jerk to me. Why cant you act decently for an entire day?!"
"Ben, ben' I pointed to myself defensively 'not decent. Ouuuch Janu."
"Evet you were nice but now....."
"Tamam tamam I take it back."
"Bak I did something about it." she said smugly.
"Evet you did." I said shaking my head at her.
She smiled back to me.
"Bak at I made you smile. Ne güzel bi şey."
"You are annoying and the most annoying part is that you know it...."
"But you like it." I stated with a smug grin. 
"Hayir I don't."
"Tamam sick kitten. What is the address?!"
Halfway through telling me the address she went "Did you call me a sick kitten?!"
I started to laugh and shake my head "Look at what catches her attention."
"Ouuuffffff ya. I wont ask again. Just start driving."

After I started driving again, I asked "Why did you ask her for the address?! Didn't you come here before?!"
"Yok I met her with Noah in my office."
"So Jan-Jan guy introduced you?!"
She rolled her eyes at me then stated "Evet he gave me this case.

I stopped the car at an old house, not a house really. It was the remains of a house.
"Are we sure this is the house?!" I asked Janu exmaing the house closely.
The house seems to be deserted, not surrounding by other houses or anything much really.
 I could tell by looking at it that winter is rough around here, in particular for this house.
"Evet." She responded as she collected her belongings.
After a few minutes I saw a young girl dressed in a long grey dress and a navy headscarf.
Much like that house, she were the remains of a girl.
Only by looking at her I picture her shrieks and pleas into the night, and how a monster of a man stole away her life.
"Nikola I will be here for a while." Janu informed me as she opened the car's door.
"Tamam I believe you better meet her alone." I replied shortly.
She greeted the girl and just before disappearing into the house, Janu turned around to me.
I rolled down my window.
"Where will you go?!" She asked with concern.
"I will go to Juma namaz. Dont worry about me kitten."
"Tamam." Janu said with a smile.
I still had some time before the I thought as I watched Janu disappearing into the house.
*
The end.
Hope you enjoyed it and it managed to bring you a smile in this gloomy weather.
Good night you all. 💞

-------------------------------------------------------------
TURKISH WORDS


Allah kahretsin               GOD DAMN               
Ne                                   WHAT
Ne yapıyorsun                WHAT ARE YOU DOING
güzel birşey                     YOU NICE ONE
Evet                                  YES
ama                                  BUT
Evet doğru                       YES TRUE
Ouufffff                            ITS A EXPRESSION
Tamam                            OKAY
Janu hanim                     MISS JANU
Yok                                 NEVER
Evet benim                      YES ITS 
SEN                                 YOU         
Bak                                   LISTEN
Hayir                               NO
Ben                                  I (MYSELF)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts