Silhouettes: Chapter 29

Welcome back.
I know it have been a while. I missed you all and my JaNiko.
Let us just dive in.


Chapter 29: On the Road.


"PHEEEEEWWWWWWPPPPP." Luka slurped his coffee, in the silence we were both siting in finishing our breakfast.

I looked down at my empty plate, focusing, then I slowly shut my eyes.
It was his way of annoying me, and he was getting what he wanted.
Another slurp.
I pushed my lower jaw forward, then smacked my lips together.
Another slurp.
I opened my eyes, snapping them in his direction. I kept my gaze on him and he stared back at me.
He lifted his cup, going for another sip.
"Finally I brought your attention back here, out of your parallel universe." Luka said smiling against his cup, before putting it down.
I flexed my fingers at him in frustration "Why can't you do it with normal people then?!"
He shrugged back at me.
"I give up with you, I just do." I said, getting up to my feet.
"Oh you just love me way too much to get pissed."
"Don't test trust your luck so much Luka Bey."
"Huh I don't have to. You told me that a few times."
I shock my head at him before walking around the table to the door.
I looked at the hallway, before I turned my head back to him. 
He was about to take another sip from his cup, as I whispered to him "Luka I need your car today."
Luka spat out all of his tea, bathing his eggs with his tea.
"Hahahahaha. Bak you love me." he said back, wiping his chin with his sleeve.
I turned my head to the door, acting frustrated, while in reality I was swallowing back a giggle.
"Tamam tamam gel take the keys."
I straightened my face, before I faced him to catch the keys he threw at me.
"Don't tell Hay...…"
"Hahahahaha.' he started to laugh. 'You are going out of town. Let us hope she wouldn't find that out." 
"Luka" I said through greeted teeth.
I hate in-love Luka.
"Tamam tamam. Bende. Don't worry. But' he said taking a sip from his cup 'I better do see you tonight, or she will find out somehow. Oops."
Did I say I hate this Luka, in-love and too silly?!!!!
"Tamam." I said flaring my nostrils at him.
I left the dinning room, as he shouted from behind me "I love you Abim."
I let out a chuckle, hoping he doesn't hear it.
"I heard that laugh." he shouted from the dinning room.
I shock my head then whispered "I love you back my crazy brother."
*
"Nereye?!!" She called from behind me.
She caught me red-handed, running to the front door.
I sat down on the show rack, putting on my black boots, as I responded "I have a case I have to work on."
Her head submerged from behind the kitchen's corner.
"Tamam but call me during your lunch break."
"Tamam." I said getting up to my feet and walking towards the door.
"Niko oglum."  
"Efendim Hayat Anne" 
"Do call me, don't send me a lousy text. Don't forget we will be having Nûr over tonight."
"Tamam hayatımın Hayat." I said as I walked closer to her.
I took her face in my hands and placed a kiss on her forehead.
"Güle güle" I said letting her go.
"Allah emanet oglum"
*
I looked at the digital clock in the car. It was 7 AM.
According to Hayat Teyzem rules,  I have to be back home by 9. And it being Friday and having Nûr as a guest, meant u have to be home before 7.
"Hadi bakalım let's see what will this day bring us Niko bey." I said after starting Luka`s car.

*
I looked from over the top of my glasses at her.
"Hadi gel don't get any colder." I said smiling at her.
It was weird of me saying that, as it was a beautiful sunny day. But she seemed to be cold, hugging herself with her cardigan. 
She stepped closer to the car, placing on hand on the window's armrest.
"Kim bu araba?!" she questioned. 
"I see you like my expensive Audi better." I said gloating.
"OUUFFFF." she said loudly.
"I heard that." 
"Well yeah that was the exact intention."
"Günaydın.:" I said when Janu finally stepped into the car. 
"Günaydın." she said in a nasally tone.
Someone seems to be sick.
"İyi misin Jan-Jan?!"
"İyi" she replied back, rolling her eyes at me.
"So we will skip the part, 'Sen neden buraya?! Who asked you to be here?!', and get to our work instead, tamam Jan-Jan."
"Tamam." She said leaning her head against her right hand.
"Tamam to our working road trip."
*
I pulled by, brining the car to a stop. .
"Why did we stop?! We aren't there yet!" She said with a lazy left eye. I could only see that one eye because her head was tilted to the right, resting on the headrest.
She argues even in her sick state.
" Çok pardon, I didn't ask for your permission. I need to get something from here, I hope you don't mind Janu hanım, çok pardon."
"Oufff." She said back, before turning her head away from me.
*
I walked back to the car with different bags in my hands.
I finally got into car, before I started going through the bags.
"Yavaş" Janu said annoyed by the sound of the paper bags.
No comment. But I really don't like this sick kitten.
"Âh" I said as I placed a freshly baked pastry on her lap.
"Ne bu?!" She asked me confused.
"A spaceship that will take us to the moon."
"Komik deil" she said with sniffing on her nose.
"Bence çok ama çok komik. You will finish this pastry, then drink your lemon juice, and then take your medication."
"Yok ya, başka?!"
That sounded more like bathka, but we will let that go.
"You will do as I said and then you will nap till we get there. That's about it." I ordered her, while placing the freshly squeezed juice into the cupholder.
"Tamam' she said about to bite into her pastry. 'Do you want some?!"
I smiled at her before saying "Yok afiyet olsun. I had my breakfast."
After a few bites she went "Hmm çok güzel. How did you find this place?!"
"Through a friend." I replied as took a turn into the highway.
I smiled at the thought of my blue-eyed little angel.
"Take your medication now, so you don't forget it."
"Tamam." and she did so. 
"I hate such areas, too expensive." She rambled as she took a sip from her juice.
"Ama sen ve Eve are living in a similar area. That area is actually more costly."
"That place belongs to Eve not I. I prefer smaller and older neighborhoods."
"Like your parent's house."
"Evet." she responded confused.
"I had the happiest part of my childhood in such a place." 
I looked ahead to the road, as my memories took over.

*

Day 35 in Rehab.
"Are we ready to talk about the past?!" my therapist asked me.
She was sitting on the couch next to mine, facing me.
"Sure." I responded.
"Tell about your childhood."
"Well, I lived in a two bedroom house that belonged to my Grandfather. It was my mother, her father, and I. The three of us only." I bit down on my lip 
"The house was in a small neighborhood, very similar to those you see on TV. But in reality, it is actually much smaller and dirtier than what you see. I used to go around my bike every Saturday morning and get shouted at by Nazeyma teyza. She was the old neighbor who hated kids, especially this boy." I said pointing to myself.
She widely smiled at me "So you where you happy?!"
"Yes.' I  said as my eyes started to tear, smiling weakly at her. 'I was at my happiest then. And I am certain that I will never that happy ever again."
"Why not?!"
"How could I?! I lost the one person that meant the world to me."
"But look at you now. You didn't let her loss destruct you."
"Yes, because she is the motive behind every action I did and I will ever do.' I looked up towards the ceiling, fighting back my tears 'She raised with nothing but love. She taught me to love, to see the world fairly, to never punish someone for another person's mistake."
"Nikola' she said as she a placed on my hand 'you did accomplish that. And I am certain that she is beyond proud of you. She loved you unconditionally."
"Yeah she was too loving. She loved others at times more than she did herself." I said with twitching lips.
"Do you think that was a weakness in her?!"
"Never. It is what made her...….what made her, herself. What made her the best mother I could ever wish for."

*
I looked ahead at the road, digging my finger into the stirring wheel.
After I let out a deep sigh, I turned my head in Janu's direction.
I smiled at her sight.
She was fast asleep, with her head hanging on her left shoulder, still holding to her cup of juice.
Janu's hair was hanging loosely, covering the right side of her face.
Her lips were slightly parted, as she was breathing softly through her mouth. 
I stopped at the nearest gas station.
Then I carefully pulled the cup out of her hand, throwing it back into the bag.
I went on to lower her seat's back, making sure I don't arouse her from her sleep.
I gently slipped my hand under her chin and jaw, adjusting her head, carefully into the headrest.
After that, I went on to fish for my jacket in the backseat. I covered her with it, stopping at her head. 
I smiled at her sight. Finally, I brushed her hair back with the tips of my fingers. I just didn't like the idea of touching her while she was asleep.
I starred at her for a minute before taking the highway again.
I decided to take the road by the beach, for it was longer.

"Well you are lucky" I announced, knowingly she wont hear it let alone respond. 
"I already sold that expensive apartment." 

*
The end!
Hope you liked it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts