Silhouettes: Chapter 35

Welcome back! 
I would love to serve you some hot coco and the seat nearest to the fireplace in my cottage in my imagination land.
I cannot contain my excitement for this chapter and you will see why.


Chapter 35: Distance

Please play link below as you read, a little something from me to you all.


Niko POV:

"Niko" my name left her lips in a barely audible voice, yet I heard it. 
I stopped for a second, contemplating what shall my next move be. I loosened my grip around the handle, letting it go. 
My shoes scuffed the ground under, as I turned around to face her. 

Janu and I stood, separated by the 2 meters distance. 

How much is really separating us, right now?!
I observed her closely. 
Janu was standing with a troubled expression on and tensed shoulders.
"Ne?!" I asked flatly.
I was doing my best to keep a stern straight face.
Janu took a step forward towards me.
But I was the one taking a step backwards this time.
"Are you still trying to seek revenge on me?" I questioned.
She vigorously shook her head at me, as her lower lip hanged loosely and her eyes started to tear up.
"I.' she licked her lips 'I, I just like being independent."
"Independent! Hahaha' I let a little exaggerated laugh out 'are you listening to the bullshit that you are saying?!"
Janu looked down and away.
"Ne Janu do you seriously believe that I, a person who studied abroad and had none but himself, will take away from your independency?!"
Janu took a deep breath and interlocked her eyes on mine.
"No no........Niko......ben....ben.' she stuttered 'To be honest I,... I have not learned how...how to take others help." 
"Hahaha' I laughed again, when really I felt like throwing a fit 'What kind of excuse is that?!"
"It is not an excuse." she replied.
"You' I said pointing at her 'expect me to believe that? Seriously?!"
"Ni....."
"Bedaka, bedaka so that is applicable to everyone, including your friends?!' I waved my right hand around 'That includes Murat who helped you with the case against me last year?! That includes Noah who was helping you, before I came along." I argued back.
She looked away, before nodding in defeat "Evet, evet. I, I....always had trouble accepting help from others. I don't easily trust people, let alone let them help me." 
"But to be honest' I imitated her 'you forgot that when it came to taking your revenge on me?!' I pressed back 'how logical is that!!"
"I am not trying to take revenge on you." she repeated almost shouting at this point.
"Then what is it?!" I asked raising an eyebrow at her.
"I am.." she stopped
"You know what, don't bother yourself. I don't even want to know anymore." I stated taking a step backwards.
I moved my right foot, rotating it to turn around.

From Me


"It is due to how I was raised." Janu blurted

"I was  raised in a tough, competitive household. I had to fight my way through everything. I choose a major, which everyone was against. My mother fought with me' her voice broke off as tears started to overflow down her face 'on a daily basis, while my father preferred if I took an easier route, like becoming a school teacher. The only one who supported me fully was my Grandpa and even then he didn't last me beyond one year. I have always been alone." 
"Okay I understand that. That it was hard for you to accept others help, then did you ever thought how things are for me?!" I questioned.
But nothing but silence came from her side.
"You keep looking at things from your own perspective, but you never bother to look from mine. Tell me how can we move forward with work, if the basis of every relationship, which is trust doesn't exist between us?! Tell me how shall I behave?! Tell me what can I do if you keep pushing me, refusing me in every way."
She looked at the skies above, then took a deep breath as more tears flew down her face. 
She wiped her eyes with the back of her hand, how a little child would "I don't know. But I wasn't trying to push you away. You can call it being sick or being stupid."


Janu took a few audible breaths, before letting an exhale out with a trembling lip.
I fisted my hands, standing my ground, fighting to hard to resist the urge.
I looked sideways, I couldn't bare seeing her like that. 
I looked back at her "Is it that bad accepting me and my kindness?!"
She looked down.

"Don't you see me as a friend?!"
"I do, I really do."

At this point, her nose was congested and red, while her cheeks were a deeper shade of red.
"I am sorry, I am truly am. I would never mean to hurt you, at least not intentionally." 
Those pair of tearful eyes looking at me shook my ground, making me surrender. They were begging me to not to leave, begging me to be patient one more time and to stay.
I let out a deep sigh, as I relaxed my arms. Then I took my first step towards her. 
Janu reciprocated and took a step forward.
We both walked towards one another, before meeting halfway through.
We finally stopped at our designated destination. She was my destination and I was hers.
I put my right hand out for her.
Janu looked at my outstretched hand confused.
I moved my hand around, conveying to her to take my hand.
She swallowed hard before finally obliging. I felt her left hand slide against my index finger, before her hand rested in mine. I wrapped my fingers tightly around hers, as I looked straight into her eyes.
She looked away avoiding my eyes, which made me smile to myself.
My gaze was making her nervous, I was making her nervous.
I moved my hand around her fingers, finally resting her hand in the palm of my hand.
My left hand reached for my pocket. I slid my hand pulling it out, after that I placed it at the center of her palm.
I kept my hand shielding it away for a second, just to make her wonder.
"Ne bu?!" she questioned looking at me with a puzzled look.
"Look at it then." I smiled down at her before removing my hand to uncover it.
She looked up at me smiling widely "A sugar cube?!"
I flexed her fingers over it, encaging the cube behind her fingers. My way of telling her to keep it.
I kept holding her palm in mine, as my left hand wrapped on the top of her hand "Bizim. Our sugar cube."



I said you will all hate me.

But only due to the fact that this chapter reached an end .
I felt sad when I finished it as well.
I am excited for what will come.
This chapter was hard to write because I wanted to perfect it in every way that I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts