Silhouettes: Chapter 39

Hello.
I don't know what to say or excuse myself with.
But life kept me busy.
I missed our babies JaNiko and all of you. I swear the words I missed all of it is an understatement.
Am sorry for making JaNiko take the backseat in my life as I figured myself and life out.

Well let's leave the excuses behind and enjoy this chapter.



Chapter 38: Dinning Table



Recap:
Janu was at Niko's new place, Luka's and Hayat annem house. She was dragged into it unknowingly.
The last chapter ended with the Hayat annem asking about the dark stain on Niko's shirt. They were the stains from Janu's tears and mascara.


Janu POV:

I looked down at the bowl in my hands. I turned my head to the right and looked over my shoulder at Niko.
He bit down on his lip and smiled at me.
"Hayat annem give me that." He called before disappearing out of sight.
I took a deep audible breath, before turning slightly and looking at Niko sideways.
Today is the day to completely make a fool of yourself. Great job Janu.

We finally finished setting the table and I found myself standing awkwardly as everyone took their seats. Luka on the right hand side on Hayat teyzem with Nur next to him, while Niko sat on the left side.
Niko looked over at me and said in a low voice, smiling "Gel". He pulled the chair out the chair next to him.
I took that seat quietly as the clanking of plates and utensils started.
My plate was the first to be filled since I was the guest.
I looked down at my plate and it hit me. It have been more than a year since I last had a home cooked meal. Since that night I didn't set foot in my home.
All of a sudden I found Niko's index finger gently patting my hand. I looked over it him confused, as I snapped out of my thoughts.
"No one allowed to leave the table before wiping clean their plates. Or else she will slipper you." he  motioned to Hayat teyzem with a grin.
Hayat teyzem fisted her hand at him "That's only for you picky eater." she retorted.
I smiled as I saw them interact.
I looked down at the plate and then Niko pushed my spoon closer to my hand. As small as that act was it filled my eyes with tears. All of this made my heart swirl with emotions.
I looked over at him mouthing "Tesekler."
He nodded back at me and smiled.
We started to eat and the sound of our spoons and forks started to clank against our plates.
"Evet so tell me how the two of you met?!"
Niko placed his left elbow on the table, before resting his chin on his palm. He raised his eyebrows at me and said "Well how can one answer this?!"
"Ne?! What do you mean?!" she asked quizzingly.
He turned to her and said "You know I gave a lecture in her university, many many years a go. She fell in love with me at first site and kept chasing me."
I gasped at his choice of words, which made him face me with the sliest smirk ever.
"You are lying. We actually met in a conference for the first time and now we are working on a case together.' I leaned in closer to him 'and I didn't fall for you."
Yeah , right Janu right. Acting all innocent when in reality you memorized his magazine interview.
"Tamam kizim don't worry, I believe you. Leave him fantasize, he have been single for years now."
"Hayat annem.' Niko called in a pleading voice 'why do you have to tell her that."
I laughed at that and so did Luka and Nur.
"Don't laugh' he pointed a finger at Luka 'you work for me. I will make you pay for this."
"Yok abi lutfen' Luka said bringing his hands together as if begging him 'bring it on. You cannot survive a day without me."
"True." Niko said acting pissed.

I dug into my plate and Allahim did I take to my heart contents and more. The whole meal filled me up, and these people started to fill my heart.

After finishing our dinner we moved to the living room. I sat silently with Luka and Nur, Allahim the silence between us is very bothersome.
Hayat teyzem emerged into view, followed by Niko with a tray of tea.
I watched him set the cups for each person, and it was very amusing that I had to smack my lips together to hide a laugh.
His eyes suddenly snapped in my direction as he placed my cup on the coffee table "Ne?! Enjoying me serving you, aren't you?!"
He finally stood up "Gel" he said to me in a serious tone. I followed him, puzzled.
"Ne?! What do you want?" I asked questioned.
"Can you for once not ask and follow?!"
We walked into the kitchen and I watched him pick-up a box, then he pushed it into my hands.
I held it and looked down at the box, then back at him.
"Stop the confused look. It is something for the bride and groom. Hadi gel."
I followed him back into the living room.
"Evet so Janu and I prepared something for our bride and groom." he smiled at Luka and Nur.
I sat the box on the table then opened the lead to reveal such a beautiful cake with the prettiest decorative flowers.
"Abi..." Nur started with tearful eyes.
"Bedaka." Niko cut her.
We all sielntly watched as Niko reached behind the coach and pulled a little bag.
"The cake is from Janu and not me. This is from me." he said handing the bag over to Luka.
I took a step back to let them interact comfortably. And as I did I felt something wrap around my wrist. When I looked down it was Niko's hand holding me in place. His gaze was forward, looking at Luka and Nur and avoiding my eyes.

"Tesekeler Abi." Luka said as he stood up and hugged Niko.
He let go of my wrist to hug Luka, which made me feel some sort way. It was confusing me.
"It is nothing. What are two weeks in France to all you have done for me. Sen benim Abim."
"Am going to Paris." Nur shrieked excitedly, before covered her eyes with her hands.
"Bak bak look at her face.' Niko pointed at Nur, laughing 'The expenses are totally worth it for her happiness and most importantly yours Luka."

After a few moments of happy tears, and thank yous. We cut the cake and ate it. Allahim it tasted as great as it looked, the frosting and all.


I stood in the kitchen silently helping Nur wash the dishes. It took us a good 20 minutes of convincing Hayat teyzem to let us do it.
Nur handed me the last dish to dry it, while she washed her hand. She took the plates stacking back in place, since I didn't know my way around the kitchen.
"Tesekler."she said as I was about to leave the kitchen.
I turned to face her, shocked by her word.
"Tesekler for the cake and apologizing." she said with a little nod.
I nodded back silently not knowing how to respond to her.
Nur took her apron off, then hang it up. She walked past me, before stopping and saying those words that made me freeze in my place.
"You are the first girl he brings home in like forever. So don't ever think of hurting him." 
So I am his first!
Like he was mine!
Can he still be mine?!


The end for tonight.
I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. Yeah it was shorter, but I wanted to push forward a little something to all of you. My token of appreciation to my Janu, Coco, Nill, Nora, Tabz and anyone who takes the time to read really.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts